Monday, March 8, 2010

Let the Quotes Begin...

Here are a few quotes ALL from children from the last few months from student teaching & subbing:

Kindergarten:
The nurse came in to talk about seizures because a kiddo in the class has them.

Nurse- "Sometimes Mr.SonSo will start shaking and get really quite. Don't be afraid, you can't catch the Seizure and nothing will happen to you. Once the seizure is over, he'll be able to talk and play again."

5 yr. old boy- Raises his hand and the nurse calls him on he proceeds to say "Sometimes, that happens to me when I go poop!"

During Share Bag (like show and tell but the object have to be interesting, unusual and educational) a student brought in a "fossil".
We begin discussing dinosaurs and fossils. We ask- how did the dinosaurs become extinct?

5 yr. old girl- "Dinosaurs got extincted by a big red bomb!"

5th Grade:
A couple students and I were chatting and one of the girls asked "Mrs. Packer, are you married?"
I say "Yes."
Girl- "Well, if you don't mind me asking- how old are you?"
Me- "I don't mind, I just turned 22."
Girl- " Oh wow! I thought you were like 24! You're young! How old were you when you got married?"
Me- " 20, almost 21."
Girl- "My mom got married young too at the same age, 20. She says it was the biggest mistake of her life! Then she left him and married my dad!"

I'm sitting at the teacher's desk doing some work and a girl comes up to me and she has a very timid look on her face and then proceeds to tell me...

"I'm so glad you're here today and not Mr.SonSo cause this would be really embarrassing. You know about...like tampons right???".... I will leave it there cause I'm sure you can finish the thought

High School-
Sophomore Social Studies- World History
The class was learning about World War II- of course they are watching a movie when I subbed. I explain to the students that they will be watching a movie called U571. It's about the U.S. navy having to convert one of their subs to look like German Uboat so they can go undercover and take over one of the German Uboats.

I put the movie in and the students begin watching. The movie begins on a German sub, for the first 5 mins. the movie is subtitled.

A girl turns around and asks " Are they like speaking Spanish?"
I respond- " Well, lets think about this- the video is about World War II and they are on a German Sub right now. What would be the most logical language that they are speaking?"
Girl responds- "So like, it's not Spanish then?"
I say- "Correct. What language would it be?"
Girl- "Ummm...Probably, like German. I guess?"

Nannying:
I watched the 4 kiddos I used to nanny for this last weekend. During dinner I told the kiddos that I would take them to store so they each could pick out one treat to put on top of their sundae for dessert.
The 8 yr old chimes in and says "I can pay for my treat, with my own money!"
The 10 yr old and 5 yr old. both say "Ya, we can use our own money to pay! We don't mind!"
I say- "Well, that is VERY kind of all of you but you do not need to spend your own money. I can pay"
5 yr. old- very seriously she says" Ashley, we know you are RICH but we can use our own money."
Me- "Oh sweetheart, I am FAR from being rich."
8 yr. old.- "Ya, Tay. She HARDLY even has a job!"

I was laughing for about 5 mins after he said that!

That's it for now, more quotes to come from working! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! =)

Have a happy and blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. HA,HA!! Those are great! Thanks for the great laughs...keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are hilarious! I especially love the seizure story ;)

    ReplyDelete